Life these days is characterized by always being busy. As a new mom I feel this is doubly true; however, society in general is running at a frantic pace. Any tool or system that can help us streamline our needs and processes that will allow us more time to spend with are families are truly welcome! This is where Amazon truly has it’s competitors beat. With so many conveniences all focused in one spot it is a blessing for those who need all the help they can get in getting life organized and simplified.
Wouldn’t you like a little simplifying in your life?
Maybe a little extra time to spend with those who matter most?
Now Amazon contains various different facets…which I love all of them! Probably the most well known is the ever popular Amazon prime. There are just so many benefits that come with a prime membership! Many of them are perfect to help out a time crunched human being.
- Free Shipping: Included in your yearly membership is one of the most awesome things ever…free two day shipping! I absolutely love this as a working mom! There are many times I find a special occasion coming up (birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries) and I realize that I don’t have a gift! In comes Prime, swooping to my rescue! I can have it shipped to me in two days for that occasion, or if the gift is for someone out of town I can have it shipped directly to their door at no extra cost! Not to mention if I find myself needing something for the home (or maybe a little mama pick me up) I don’t have to worry about getting baby and all his necessities together and risk a break down in the store. I can simply click and have it dropped at my door two days later! Win for this mama!
- Prime Wardrobe: This feature I haven’t tried out personally, but who wouldn’t want be able to order a box of clothes, have it arrive in two days, and be able to try it on before spending a penny?! I know this would make my postpartum shopping a whole lot easier! I’m super excited to try out this service and I’ll be sure to keep you posted on how it goes!
- Prime Video: Not only do I get free two day shipping, a chance to online shop with no regrets and easy returns, my prime membership also gives me access to unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and tv shows! Any nursing mama’s here? Nothing like an intriguing series to help keep you awake for those middle of the night feeds. Need an inexpensive date night? Prime Video has got you covered! Unlimited access to binge-able series such as Downtown Abby, Bones, or Doctor Who…count me in!
- Prime Music: Another awesome feature of having a prime membership is the access you’ll have to prime music. Over 1 million songs that can be streamed automatically! Access to relaxing lullabies is great for this mama…not to mention access to Disney songs and kid friendly playlists when the kiddos are a bit older. Not to mention there are tunes for cooking in the kitchen or relaxing in the tub. Whatever I’m feeling like there are always options!
- Prime Reading: I just recently discovered this feature of Prime and can’t believe I didn’t know about it before. With a prime membership there is access to hundreds of titles that you can download to the kindle app on your phone, tablet or computer! Talk about convenience! This bookworm is dying to look through the options to find my next best read!
- Prime Photo: This is another feature of Prime that I just recently realized was available. What an awesome way to store folders in a cloud format and not have to worry about taking up to much space on the phone or computer. Since it is a cloud based storage it is possible to access your photos no matter where you are or what device you are using! Plus there are features such as adding family members who can see your albums (great for grandparents who live out of state!) or being able to create photo cards, wall décor, or countless other products from your photos (also awesome gift options for the grandparents!)
- Audible Channels: I haven’t yet tried out Audible channels, but it’s a great option if you want to get a taste of Audio books before jumping into an actual Audible membership. There is an awesome channel called “For All Generations” which includes classics that are great for the kiddos, such as Winnie the Pooh or The Velveteen Rabbit.
Side note about Prime Music, Reading, and Audible. There are other options that you can sign up for that allow for greater access to music and book titles.
I have not yet used this service from Amazon, but I mean…this is absolutely amazing for time crunched mom’s and dad’s who are working and then when they have time at home would like to spend it with each other and not always on a home project. There are services from home cleaning, furniture assembly, plumbing, yard work, etc. What I was most impressed with were the number of reviews listed for such services. This is always my fear when needing to contract someone for a service…that they will not provide quality service. The majority of these services have between 4.5 – 5 star reviews. Talk about peace of mind knowing that your to-do list is getting taken care of and will be done to your satisfaction! I’m considering trying out the home cleaning for our family and will keep you posted as to how it goes.
So, this is a feature that I am ecstatic about! 15-20% of baby necessities such as diapers or wipes…all delivered to my door in two days! Talk about a time and money saver! Amazon Family is included with a Prime membership; however, if you don’t have prime there is a $30 day free trial which you can use to test the waters and see if it would be beneficial to your family. Here is what Amazon Family has to offer! I can’t tell you how excited I am about having 20% off a diaper subscription! Plus, there is a whole section of family coupons for all of our favorite products. With Amazon Family there is the option to setup Amazon access to the entire household. There is access for two adults to share digital content from Prime. Teens have the opportunity to order products once they have received permission via text verification from their parents. Then there is my personal favorite…you can add each child to your household and manage parental controls on Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers and Fire TV through Kindle FreeTime. Parent’s can select what content each child is able to see, set educational goals and time limits! The best part…though the kids have access to digital content on their device they are unable to shop 😉
All of my household needs kept tidily in one place at my fingertips. Amazon has recently updated how customers can have there Pantry orders shipped allowing for greater savings and ease of use. Now instead of a $5.99 flat rate per box you have the option to have a 30 day free trial and then choose between two new options to pay for shipping: opt out of membership and pay $7.99 shipping for your order, no matter how many boxes it comes in, or keep membership and pay $4.99 per month to get UNLIMITED shipping included on orders $40 or more. There are always coupons conveniently listed on the main page for all my families needs. Plus, right now there is a $6 discount with the purchase of 5 select items. I know I would easily be able to choose five things my family is in need of right now to save that extra $6!
This time saving service for moms is an add on for Prime Members, but at only $14.99/month it is definitely a worth while investment. With this subscription you have the opportunity to do all your grocery shopping online and have it delivered to your door within an hour or choose the pickup option. The only problem for me personally is that there is not yet and Amazon Fresh location where I live. Amazon Fresh is currently only located in major cities such as Seattle, LS, New York City, and Boston. If you do happen to live in one of these areas and decide to try out this awesome service, let me know what you think!
Planning a wedding or baby shower? Amazon once again provides ease of use and unlimited options. I didn’t use Amazon for either of my registries, but as I have researched it I can see how it would have made life easier for me and for those purchasing my gifts (if they had Prime they could have gotten free shipping, saving a lot when compared to ordering at places like Target or BuyBuyBaby!). Even if those buying your gifts don’t have Prime, orders over $25 have free shipping! The thing I think I love most about Amazon is the amount of reviews products normally have. Especially when considering products for my baby I want to know what others think about it and if it is a product that will be safe and effective. Not only is it easy to use, but if there are gifts that have not been purchased by the time of your shower there is a completion discount of up to 20% on wedding registeries and up to 15% on baby registries. A completion discount is a discount on any items still on your registry that were not purchased or gifted to you.
The majority of these Amazon services are all available under my Prime Membership and I can’t begin to explain what a time saver they are. Being able to stock my pantry, order my household needs, have videos and music for my family, discounts and free shipping…what is not to like! Just a quick example…my almost 3 month old has struggled with getting to sleep. He does not enjoy being swaddled *read screams his little lungs out because he can’t move* yet, without a swaddle he constantly wakes himself up by his arm and leg movements. We were trying to figure out what to do when I came across this sleepsuit on Amazon. Willing to give anything a try I ordered this and it was at my house in two days. Talk about a life (or sleep) saver! With this sleepsuit he has fallen asleep more quickly, with less fuss and stays asleep for longer periods of time! This working momma is beyond pleased with how Amazon has helped improved the quality of life for my family! What about you? Let me know in the comments below if you have had any great Amazon experiences!